What is the Kodi Edition Raspberry Pi Case?
Flirc was invited to share and create in the building of the first Kodi hardware product. The Kodi Edition Raspberry Pi Case is a special edition run. A limited quantity were built and the product shares all the same great qualities as the Flirc Raspberry Pi Case.
Another Perfect Media Center Companion
This is the first affordable Raspberry Pi case made out of aluminum. We wanted to ensure we didn’t sacrifice form over function, so we used the aluminum housing of the case to provide a built in heat sink. Supplied with the case is a thermal pad and 4 screws for the simplest Raspberry Pi case assembly on the market. It only takes seconds to drop your Raspberry Pi into it’s amazing new home and show it off on your counter top.
There is more...
We included rubber feet to raise the enclosure so it just hovers underneath your television. In addition to the built in heat sink, small ventilation slots on the bottom help keep the Raspberry Pi cool. GPIO pins are accessible through the slot on the bottom of the case and there is no need for disassembly to get to the SD card. We know you will love the attention to detail we put in throughout the case.
- 2.5cm height
- 3.5cm length
- 1cm width
Kodi is a free and open-source media player software application developed by the XBMC Foundation. Kodi is available for multiple operating systems and hardware platforms, with a software 10-foot user interface for use with televisions and remote controls. It allows users to play and view most streaming media, such as videos, music, podcasts, and videos from the internet, as well as all common digital media files from local and network storage media.
This special edition of our Raspberry PI Case is specially designed for the Kodi software.
- 4 USB 2.0 inputs
- HDMI output
- 10/100 RJ-45 Ethernet cable input
- Audio Out via 3.5mm Jack or Audio over HDMI
Does the case support the Raspberry Pi 3?
- Yes, it supports the Raspberry Pi 3, 2, and B+
Will I be able to overclock my Raspberry Pi?
- Yes, the built-in heat sink acts as a heat spreader allowing you to get more speed out of your Raspberry Pi. The 3 gets very hot, you probably don't need to overclock that puppy.
Can I see the Raspberry Pi's LEDs?
- On the B+ and 2, you can. Yes, there is a tiny cutout on the front of the Raspberry Pi where the LEDs shine through. The PI 3 moved the LEDs in exchange for the antenna and are no longer visible.
What does the case come with?
- The case comes partially assembled. The top plastic piece is assembled to the aluminum housing. All you need to do is put your thermal pad on, drop your Raspberry Pi inside the case, and screw the bottom of the case on with the included.
Does the case come with a Raspberry Pi?
- The case does not come with a Raspberry Pi.
Does it come with an SD or a Power Supply?
- No, the case doesn't come with these, but we will be working on a very affordable kit.
Can I access the SD Card?
- Yes, the SD card is accessible through a slot on the front of the case.
How do I attach the thermal pad?
- No right answer here. Remove the thermal tape plastic pieces and apply to the case's heat slug. That's it. You can also apply it to the chip, either one is fine.