We are sorry to report that this product has been discontinued by the supplier
The Raspberry Pi is an ultra-low-cost, deck-of-cards sized Linux computer. Developed by the Raspberry Pi Foundation in the UK, the Raspberry Pi aims to put the fun back into learning computing by promoting the study of computer science and programming at a school level.
The Model A Raspberry Pi is a stripped-down version of the Model B Raspberry Pi, with no Ethernet, one USB port and 256MB RAM. The trade-off for removing certain features results in the Model A Raspberry Pi being $10 cheaper than the Model B in addition to using only one third the power. This low power consumption makes it ideal for projects running from a battery or solar power - robots, sensor platforms in remote locations and Wi-Fi repeaters for example.
This purchase is for 1 x 256MB Raspberry Pi Model A Board.
The Raspberry Pi is a bare-board computer, and comes as shown above, without any peripherals or accessories. Accessories can be purchased in our shop.
The Raspberry Pi Model A features:
- Model A Raspberry Pi with Mounting Points and 256MB RAM
- The Broadcom BCM2835 ARM11 (The one that you find in most smartphones) 700Mhz ?System on Chip? Processor (Similar performance to a 300MHz Pentium 2 Processor).
- Integrated Videocore 4 Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) capable of playing Full 1080p High Definition Blu-Ray Quality Video (Roughly equivalent graphical processing power of an Xbox 1).
- 256MB RAM
- The free, versatile, and highly developer friendly Debian GNU/Linux Operating System
- 1 x USB Ports
- HDMI Video Output
- RCA Video Output
- 3.5mm Audio Output Jack
- 5V Micro USB Power Input Jack
- SD, MMC, SDIO Flash Memory Card Slot
- 26-pin 2.54mm Header Expansion Slot (Which allow for peripherals and expansion boards)
It is clear that this tiny computer will have many other applications outside of being just a learning tool. Demos already show the Raspberry Pi running games, word processing, managing spread-sheets and playing high-definition video. With access to the internet via Wi-Fi (with a USB dongle), and a high definition output, the Raspberry Pi is an incredibly versatile piece of computing kit. Most importantly the Raspberry Pi gives every child in the country a chance to own a personal computer which they can develop, learn from, and play with, at an incredibly low cost and in an unbelievably small package.