iTracker Pro RAK8212 is a versatile developer board aimed at aiding in quick prototypes using NB-IoT. The board includes a vast array of connectivity options (NB-IoT, BLE 5.0, and GPS) and sensors like an acceleronmeter, a light sensor, and barometric sensor. At the heart of the module is the venerable Nordic nRF52832 BLE processor. The NB-IoT connectivity is provided by the Quectel BG96 module. The iTracker module is Arduino friendly and can be programmed using the IDE. The board also provides SWD interface for programming the nRF52832 core. The combination of BLE and NB-IoT provides flexible low power consumption development along with a myriad of application options ranged from telemetry to live tracking and environment sensing.
See how easy it is to develop on the iTracker Pro
- Supports the standard BLE peripheral library and libraries contributed by Adafruit
- Programing support is via SWD interface
Normal development using Nordic SDK
- Supports the NRf SDk v11.0 and above
- Programming support via SWD interface
- Planned support for Espruino IDE soon
- Programming support via USB serial as well as via the BLE UART module wirelessly.
- Can also be programmed from Android or iOS apps.
12 reasons why you should choose the iTracker Pro (RAK8212-M)
1. Multiple radios:
- Support for BLE and GSM on one board for the best of short range and long range communication use cases
2. Support for GPS:
- Can be used as a tracker equipment along with internet connectivity using GSM module on board.
3. Multiple on board sensors
- IMU sensors enable fine grained orientation details to the developers to develop attachments for quadcopters and collision detection systems.
4. Environmental sensors
- BME 280 and the OPT 3001 enable measurement of atmospheric pressure (possibly altitude with some accuracy) and light values for environmental triggers and possible weather station.
5. BLE provides low power use cases:
- The presence of the nrf52 as the main processor handling the peripheral, we have a rich set of interrupt driven APIs and support for low power modes in software.
6. Support for serial bootloader and DFU OTA bootloader:
- Makes software programming very easy for developers.
- Can use their android phones to send software updates OTA.
7. Support for various programming platforms:
- Arduino IDE
- nrf52 IoT SDK
- Blynk APIs
- Espruino JS APIs
- Contiki OS
8. Support for Mbed and pre built libraries for accessing the on-board sensors.
9. Small form factor and slim profile makes it easy to integrate the board into existing designs easily.
10. Extra GPIO exposed via HOST board provides the ability to add more peripherals to the board.
11. HOST board provides serial to UART connector enabling the use of serial bootloader for programming.
12. 4G LTE and NB IoT variants provide the ability for developers to design products which can leverage the speed of 4G or the light weight NB IoT framework to send and receive data.
13. Low power sleep modes we can extend the working hours of the module from days to months.
14. Support for battery and associated circuit provides flexible standalone operation.
LTE BG96 Cat.M1/NB1 & EGPRS Module
BG96 is a series of LTE Cat M1/Cat NB1/EGPRS module offering a maximum data rate of 300Kbps downlink and 375Kbps uplink. It deatures ultra-low power consumption, and provides pin-to-pin compatibility with Quectel LTE module EG91/EG95, Cat NB1 (NB-IoT) module BC95, UMTS/HSPA module UG95/UG96 and GSM/GPRS module M95.
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Single chip, highly flexible, 2.4GHz multi-protocol
- 32-bit ARM Cortex-M4F processor
- 512kb Flash + 64kb RAM
- Supports concurrent Bluetooth low energy/ANT protocol operation
- Up to +4dBm output power
- -96dBm sensitivity, Bluetooth low energy
- 2 data rates (2Mbps/1Mbps)
- PPI-maximum flexibility for power-efficient applications and code simplification
- Configurable I/O mapping for analog and digital I/O
- 3 x Master/Slave SPI
- 2 x Two-wire interface (I2C)
- UART (RTS/CTS)
- 3 x PWN
- AES HW encryption
- 12-bit ADC
- Real Time Counter (RTC)
- Digital microphone interface (PDM)
- On-chip balen
- Over-the-air (OTA) firmware update
- Automated power management systems with automatic power management of each peripheral.
- Vehicle tracking/fleet transport management
- safety monitoring of old/young children
- animal protection and animal husbandry management
- loos of assets/personnel positioning
- Home security
- Street light control
- Factory automation